Friday, August 08, 2008

Questions

Broadly speaking, it's been my observation that the more you learn, the more questions you have.  Peculiarly, I believe the inverse is also true: that the less you know, the fewer questions you have.

For example, if you don't know anything about quantum physics, you have only one question on that topic: what is it?

The answer to that question brings the realization that there's a whole new branch of knowledge you previously had no idea even existed. And so now you have many more questions.

In my way of thinking, God being infinite and eternal, there will always be at least one unanswered question about Him. The revelation of the answer to that question will only give rise to more unanswered questions, ad infinitum.

So when I'm relaxing on a hillside staring at the clouds rolling by, I like to imagine myself sitting among thousands upon thousands of saints, as the prophets and apostles of old take turns unfolding the riches of God down through the endless ages.

Who do we want to hear next? Paul? Elijah? John the Baptist? It really doesn't matter... it's not like we're pressed for time.

And we sit, and stand, and sing and shout, and never get tired. And never grow old.

And never run out of questions.

2 comments:

Bro Trevor said...

Dude!!

Awesome.

Lucado-ish even!! I like it!

Bob B said...

You're too kind! :-)