Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Which Bible?

I wrote a blog earlier about the different Bible versions that are available today, and wanted to do a little follow-up with some links to "evidence". Most Christians have probably heard something about how the new "improved" versions are often drastically different from the King James version, but did you know how different?

Here are links to comparisons between the KJV and NIV and KJV and NKJV

Did you know that...

Matthew 18:11 is missing from the NIV.
For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

or that...

Mark 11:26 is missing from the NIV.

But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Click the links to view the actual NIV text from the NIV web site. Those verses are missing! I couldn't believe it myself. It's bad enough to change the wording, but to completely remove entire verses? What do you do if your pastor decides to read from Mark 11:26? Too bad!

Don't buy this stuff. If you already bought it, demand your money back from the publisher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.. Nice job. I see you've been doing your homework! Thanks for giving me something interesting to read during lunch hour.
I miss my grandchildren!
love,Dad