Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Happy New Year's

I was sitting in a meeting today, when I happened to glance at my Blackberry and realized that today is my birthday.

A bit later my kiddies called to sing Happy Birthday to me, which I couldn't really enjoy as much as I'd like because I'm in a cubicle surrounded by nosy cubicle neighbors. But they were cute (the kiddies, not the neighbors). And way off key, hehe.

Today seems more like the New Year than Jan 1st. My own personal little New Year's. Jan 1st is just a calendar date. April 4th is another year away from my birth, and another year towards my future home. I've circled the sun one more time. My heart has been beating more than 60 times a minute, for 32 years, without stopping once to take a breather. Which is a sobering thought. A thought that reminds me of another thought...

Everything I am, and everything I have, I owe to Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Baumgartner News said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB!

-Ina & Family

Anonymous said...

Miss your writing!!!!